AGOT Direwolves Expanded V 0.2 + More Nicknames Nov 1, 2022 9:19:39 GMT Schnarf, Rasputin, and 7 more like this
Post by blackironbadger on Nov 1, 2022 9:19:39 GMT
Incredible Art by Amélie Hutt
Hello all. I used to be an active member of this community eons ago when this board was hosted on a different server and the weirwoods stil bloomed south of the neck. With the recent airing of House of the Dragon and the mod con showcase for CK3 AGOT my passion for CK2 AGOT was rekindled and I returned to the game I easily have the most amount of hours in. As we draw towards the conclusion of the lifespan of this incredible enterprise and begin towards an exciting new venture I decided to try my hand at implementing a feature I'd wanted since we first got to engage with the incredible dragon system. Direwolves as characters.
At the moment the system is very barebones, but in my measure far more interactive and satisfying to engage with than the current incarnation of the wolves in that you have a trait which will occasionally cause a pop up while you're in battle. Now your interactions with fido are far more hands on and you will hopefully feel more engaged with your warg bound creature.
I'm looking for feedback on the stength of the wolves in combat, their life-cycles and all bug reports you may have for me! Hopefully you enjoy guys
NOTESMore Bloodlines is an essential requirement for this mod Luckily this sub-mods is considered an essential download as it massively deepens and expands the overall AGOT experience. For similar reasons I also highly recommend Homes for Houses by Kathe, another fantastic sub-mod that greatly improves the overall mod experience.
Otherwise I've tried to use as many fresh files as possible to make this as mod friendly as I could.
You'll be required to start a fresh save file for this to run smoothly as it adds new traits which wrecks havoc on already existing files.
- Direwolves now operate as greatly dilluted dragons rather than as a trait. They begin as pups when you recieve them via the event, and will receive their adult portrait after their first year in order to simulate a dog's quickened life cycle. They'll get traits of their own, currently mirroring the dragon traits, fire the odd event and generally be by your side.
- The cannon Stark wolves will all appear (and disappear ) as appropriate to the timeline.
- Deploy your direwolf in battle and live your Robb Stark fantasy. Ride with your beast at your side as your foes flee in terror. He may slay your enemies, maim them, or even take a grevious wound themselves. On the otherside slay the rebellious Northerner's monstrosity for a healthy serving of prestige and a nice nickname. At the moment you're twice as likely to slay a direwolf as a dragon from the outset, but that will likely be tweaked down with more testing.
- I've included some extra Dynastic Nicknames as a sweetener too. Qoherys/Manwoody, Gardener/Oldflowers and Cargyll for the moment. Also House Deddings no longer receive the "Ram" nicknames which irked me. Instead they'll be assigned to Houses Rambton and Yelshire, whose sigils are the Ram and a Battering Ram respectiely.
- Updated some vanilla nicknames to be more unique and flavourful generally. "The Pretty Mermaid" to "The Siren", "The Ugly Butterfly" to "The Moth", "The Big Barrel" to "The Tun" "The Reaper" for Harlaw, "Black Bell" to "Deathknell" and more. Alongside also vastly increased the chance of picking up one of these dynastic nicknames.
- A new kind of Dynastic nickname: "The X's Daughter". Why should Asha have all the fun? If you're a lord with only a single daughter then she might end up being "The Kraken's Daughter", "The She-Wolf", and loads more!
- Direwolf pups!! With the new lustful trait your own wolf has a chance of spawning a litter! Then decide who you want to gift the new pup to, be it your heir, a child, you liege or even a loyal councillor!
- Over 50 new generic nicknames added to the ever expanding list of nicknames that I maintain, and also a new set a Drumm dynastic nicknames!
- Wolf balancing and general tinkering and fixes! Squirewolves are a thing of the past!
- More events and traits. Always good to have. Warg and Wolf Dreams.
- Further integration into the More Bloodlines Blessed Siblings Events.
- Further interaction with the wolves returning with the missing stark kids. I'll have to grapple with how the devs work Bran appearing/reapparing that I'm not entirely comfortable with as of yet. At the moment if the two boys "die" when theon sacks winterfell their wolves just die with them unfortunately.